Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Walleye or Pike is just about the best white fish and this marinade is fantastic! Allow about three hours for marinating, and either grill or broil the walleye, and maybe coat it in a light mixture of dried unseasoned breadcrumbs with a little cornmeal and pan-fry.
2 large walleye or pike fillets
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a plastic zipper bag, combine 2 large walleye fillets with the marinade ingredients; marinate for 3 hours.
- To cook, either grill, broil or pan-fry; total cooking time should be about 15 to 20 minutes.