Nothing beats a feed of fresh perch fillets. Here’s a great way to flash ’em up.
- Canola oil (for frying)
- Boneless perch fillets, cleaned and dried
- 1 large bowl all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 large bowl milk
- 1 large bowl cornflake crumbs
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Tartar sauce
- Heat oil in a cast-iron frying pan over a hot wood fire or a range set to medium-high (the oil is hot enough when it foams around a smidgen of bread).
- Dredge fillets in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs into bowl of milk, then submerge each fillet in mixture. Next, coat each fillet with cornflake crumbs.
- Carefully add coated fillets to pan and cook until each side is golden brown. Remove from pan and season with additional salt and pepper, lemon juice and/or tartar sauce.
- Serve with fried potatoes and corn.
WEBSITE RATES FISH HUNT CABINS PHOTOS
TESTIMONIALS BROCHURE HUNT BOOKLET