You can never have enough lures. But that’s not all you’ll need on the water. Pack these eight items to make your trip more productive.
1. Flashlight: It’s handy whenever you’re out after dark, essential if you’re stranded and have to signal for help.
2. Adjustable Wrench: This has a wide variety of uses, from opening reel covers to tightening trolling-motor bolts.
3. Split-Ring Pliers: They open split rings and allow you to replace hooks quickly and easily.
4. Lure Dye: With Spike-It lure dye, you can change a lure’s hue in seconds
5. First-Aid Supplies: Don’t let a minor injury ruin your day. If you bury a hook in your hand, for example, some simple supplies will let you take care of the problem on the water—and keep fishing.
6. Spare Treble Hooks: Hooks often become dull or damaged when worked over rocks and gravel.
7. Spare Rod Tips: If you’ve never snapped off a rod tip, you will.
8. Glue Stick and Lighter: Use these to affix a new rod tip. Heat the glue stick with the lighter, apply the glue, then slide on the new tip.
Follow our HUNTING BLOG